Although the house is a disaster 99.9% of the time now, I have to admit, I love my new job. So far. Even in the dead of winter. I've had a LOT of observations about being on this side and there are a few things I miss about working outside of the house.
But here they are...the things I love. And I'm not putting these out there to make any "working mom" feel yucky. People just keep asking me the reality of my choice...do I love it? And, why?
Why I LOVE Staying Home:
- Letting the kids sleep until they wake up. Who am I kidding? Letting Stella sleep until she wakes up. The other two are still up bright and early.
- The commute each morning. Rolling out of bed and making my way to the breakfast table is pretty easy.
- "Rush hour". Hearing people at the elementary school talk about the awful traffic during drop-off and pick-up CRACKS ME UP. Seriously? They have obviously never left downtown between 4:00-6:00 and tried to go north on I-75. Three vans waiting at a stop sign is NOTHING. I'll take this rush hour any day.
- My wardrobe. Yes, I still wear jeans. Sometimes. But this yoga pants thing...people were right. It rocks. I just boxed up my "work" wardrobe today and into the basement it went. Can't completely part with it. Yet.
- Being able to play with my kids more. Puzzles. Super structs. Storytime. Etc.
- Choosing more of the meals and snacks for my kids. Having lunch with Andy most days.
- Working out (no longer at 4:30 AM) and eating healthier (cooking most nights).
- Listening to the kids play together more. The things they come up with are hilarious!
- Have I mentioned the yoga pants?
- Neighborhood 3:00 Happy Hours - what's not to love?
If you are a stay-at-home-mom, what's your favorite part?